ABOUT BRANDON KINNEY
With his skewed images, offbeat personalities, unpredictable phrasing, songwriter Brandon Kinney doesn't take himself, or the world around him, too seriously. “Seriousness is not in my personality,” he admits. “I have been able to get in the room with some of the best craftsmen in the business; I have been able to share my sense of easy going with their seriousness.” This is what drew peermusic to sign him to a publishing deal in 2016.
Kinney has been influenced by artists like Roger Miller, John Anderson, Don Williams and John Conlee, particularly drawn to songs with lighter themes or blue-collar subject matter in the traditional form of the genre.
His journey as a songwriter has garnered him cuts with artists like Jason Aldean (“Drowns The Whiskey,” “Set It Off”), Cole Swindell (“Love You Too Late,” "Reason To Drink," "No Can Left Behind," “Should’ve Ran After You”), Jon Pardi ("Ain't Always The Cowboy"), Luke Combs ("The Other Guy"), Luke Bryan (“Beer In The Headlights”), Justin Moore (“I’d Want It To Be Yours,” “Off The Beaten Path”), Chase Rice (“Dirt Road Communication”), Chris Janson (“Right In The Middle”), Willie Nelson (“Ain’t Goin’ Down On Brokeback Mountain”), Craig Campbell (“Outta My Head”) and Randy Houser, whose single "Boots On" was named BMI's 2nd Most Played Song of 2009.
- Jason Aldean feat. Miranda Lambert - "Drowns The Whiskey" (CMA-Nominated Mediabase No. 1 Single)
- Cole Swindell - "Love You Too Late" (Billboard & Mediabase No. 1 Single)
- Jon Pardi - "Ain't Always The Cowboy" (Billboard & Mediabase Top 5 Single)
- Randy Houser - "Boots On" (BMI's 2nd Most Played Song of 2009)
- Luke Combs - "The Other Guy"
- Tim Montana - "Stronger Than You"
- Laine Hardy - "Ground I Grew Up On"
- Craig Campbell - "Outta My Head"
- Jason Aldean - "One For The Road"
- Colt Ford - "We The People"
- Justin Moore - "I'd Want It To Be Yours"